The second project meeting took place in Galway (Ireland) on 17-19 October 2017, organised and hosted by the University College Dublin. Despite of the raging hurricane “Ophelia” could more than forty scientists incl. non-academic partners and members of the Scientific Advisory Board attend the three-days meeting.
The main goals of the sessions were to discuss questions around
- landscape analyses considering the current forest management models
- different ways to proceed assessments of the ecosystem services
- the exercise on the upscaling to the EU and global level and
- the stakeholder workshops in the participating countries.
The participants also visited selected sites of the Barony of Moycullen, which is the case study area in Ireland during the “Travellab” sessions (an innovative meeting format for cross-regional learning and knowledge transfer) and discussed the current and possible future forest management models with Irish stakeholders.
- Introduction Galway Meeting, by Ljusk Ola Eriksson, ALTERFOR Project Coordinator, SLU
- “WP4 Meta-analysis of forest owner behaviour surveys in the ALTERFOR case study countries”
Vilis Brukas, ALTERFOR Scientific Coordinator, SLU
- "Travellab prepartory session" by Anders Lundholm, University College Dublin (UCD)